Tuesday, November 6, 2012

who?...

This little guy... that's who! Isn't this owl just the cutest? When I saw this die, Sizzix Die, Owl #2, my head was swimming with lots of ideas, paper, fabric, felt... oh, the possibilities!
I had to reach for the fabric first to whip up a tag. I simply cut two owl shapes from fabric and one from batting, then sandwiched them together, laid some lace on top, a piece of jute cording at the top and machine stitched around the owl.
The lace is my favorite part... then I die cut the eyes and nose from wool felt, hand stitched around them and added some buttons in the center of the eyes.
The wings and heart are also sandwiched between batting and machine stitched. I then added a touch of hand stitching... the "X's". With a clothespin, I attached a sweet sentiment and flower to the right side of the wing.

So, what are you waiting for? Pick you up an owl die and whip up your own batch... they are irresistible!

Tammy

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I have the owl die because I just thought it was so cute, but this owl is just darling! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty owl. fairy-tale character :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable. I have grown to love owls. Yours is so sweet.
    Wish I had this die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just plain sweet sweet!!! Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! So stinkin' cute! I love your fabric choices...Whooooo wouldn't love this...and wouldn't they be fun as Christmas tree ornaments????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this is so sweet Tammy. Love the fabrics you've used. Just gorgeous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet!!! Haven't seen this die yet....I may have to hunt it down! Love this!
    Blessings,
    Michelle
    ps - my first time on your blog. found you on pinterest. I am loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, and I love the green and pink together. I operated on my die and removed the eye holes from the body of the owl, so I could use the body like you have here. =D It's such a cute die.
    paulettesprettypapercrafts at wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your owl you always take everything to the next level you really inspire me Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your kind, sweet comments. I love to read each and everyone of them : )